Process Safety Management Training
Process Safety Management is fundamentally important in oil, gas and petrochemical operations. There have been very many high profile incidents, resulting in fatalities and significant financial losses, which have resulted directly from poor Process Safety Management practices.
This course will familiarize key staff with the various aspects of process safety. Delegates will understand the differences between process and personal safety. The delegates will learn the importance of process and personal safety. The delegates will learn the importance of process safety and the need for effective reporting and follow-up of process safety incidents and near misses.
The course is presented in a highly interactive format. The trainer is fully experienced in the subject matter and will keep delegates engaged via real life examples and interactive discussions.
Case studies, discussions and syndicate sessions will ensure that the course content is both engaging and interesting. Supporting materials include a comprehensive manual and handouts. Video material will be used to support the presented materials.
- Understand “What is process safety” and what are the key elements
- Understand the concept of leading and lagging process safety indicators
- Understand the difference between personal safety and process safety
- Know and understand international standards and best practices
- Understand the link between the RGEE and process safety
- Be able to identify and analyse process hazards
- Be able to identify and minimize risks associated with abnormal operations including start-up and shut-down
- Be able to categorise process safety incidents by severity
- Effectively investigate process safety incidents and near misses
Who will benefit
Process Engineers, Operations Managers and Supervisors.
UNDERSTANDING PROCESS SAFETY
KEY ELEMENTS OF PROCESS SAFETY
HAZOP, SIL and LOPA
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ABNORMAL OPERATION
PROCESS SAFETY INCIDENTS
MONITORING AND AUDITING