Process Safety Matters
With an ever growing and demanding population, the world needs ever more of energy and processed products. The International Processing Industry, including Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing and Nuclear, is continually rising to the challenge of meeting those needs, which inevitably involves containing hazards such as flammable, explosive and toxic materials. Safety, environmental and cost considerations are paramount. Process Safety Matters was established to provide the support you need to target a safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly facility. Process Safety Matters Associates have over 100 collective years of industry experience and can provide a host of services across the whole facility lifecycle:
- from concept through start up and on to decommissioning
- Facilitation Services like HAZOP, HAZID, ENVID and SIL
- Technical Consulting Services like provision of an Independent Process Engineer
- Training Services like the preparation and delivery of HSE Safety Courses
Process Safety Matters offers customised and responsive solutions which will allow you to steers the best course to achieve the safest plant and best value facility.
Based on the success of its recent Effective HAZOP training session for Bombardier Transportation (see testimonial from Dr Martin Ridal), Process Safety Matters is now offering its services to the Rail and associated industries.
Process Safety Matters provides Safety and Environmental support to the international energy industry.
It offers the following benefits to its clients:
- More than 25 years international experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the upstream, midstream, downstream and petrochemicals sectors
- Hands on skill in Safety/Environmental Review facilitation: ENVID, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, PSA, SIMOPs
- Preparation and Delivery of client tailored training courses
In an industry where safety and environmental concerns are paramount, Process Safety Matters offers rapid yet customised solutions.
- Process Safety Matters offers clients support which drives their projects to achieve the highest international safety and environmental standards.
The services offered by Process Safety Matters include:
- Review Preparation and Facilitation
- Report Writing
- Client Customised Training
- Independent Process Engineering
- Site Process Safety Audits
'Angus Keddie of Process Safety Matters led several HAZOP and SIL reviews for us during the summer of 2011. The scope was Units on a grassroots the Maissan Refinery in Iraq, where our client was SOC, and included CCR, FCC and Interconnecting Pipework.
Angus Keddie of Process Safety Matters led the HAZOP for the Logbaba Gas Plant in Cameroon in November 2011. Although the process was relatively simple - Well Fluid depressurisation from 300+ bar, with downstream stabilisation of produced gas, separation of condensate and produced water - the challenge was that the facility was ready for start up.
Angus Keddie of Process Safety Matters chaired the HAZID and HAZOP for the Kamose Minimal Facility in Cairo on the 10th the 11th of February 2013, for which I was a participant. This review addressed the modifications to the design of this offshore production rig made since the project was frozen in 2011.